Sunday, November 27, 2011

New Tool Saves Time, Reduces Risk of Mistakes in Diabetes Care

Reference:http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/11/111118133054.htm

Summary: Researchers at the University of Missouri have created a tool that lets you see the condition of a patient on a computer scree. The tool is called the diabetes dashboard and was developed to save time and improve accuracy and patient care. Studies on the diabetes dashboard have improved the accuracy rate to 100 percent from 94 percent using traditional equipment. By using this tool, doctors can discover important signs, health conditions, lab tests and current medications needed for the specific patient. Overall it makes diabetes care easier and more accurate.

Critique: I think this invention is awesome! I know a few people who have diabetes and this could greatly impact the treatment they get. I would definitely feel more comfortable with the device because of its accuracy and ability to get 100 percent of the results correct. I would want the best results and this could give me that.

Impact: For people who have diabetes, this could eliminate mistakes in their treatment. If this would give them the nest results possible, I would definitely want this to implemented into my care. This could give an overall improvement in the care of any type of diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment