Saturday, September 24, 2011

Increase Your Memory at Work

http://video.foxnews.com/v/961402657001/increase-your-memory-at-work?playlist_id=157834

Summary: As we age we lose are memory and are at risk of getting dementia. Cynthia Green, PH.D states that exercising our brains in different ways can help our memory. Everyday most people do the same routine especially adults at work. Cynthia says to challenge your brain in different ways like wearing your watch upside down one day or taking a different class. For those at work you can rearrange your desk every 12 minutes. This isn’t just for adults at work though. Many teenagers forget things like when my mom tells me to clean my room and I ‘forget’. Teenagers at school can doodle which actually helps you focus better on whoever is speaking. Every day we can take different steps to help build our memory.

Critique: I think this is an interesting study and that’s not only because all I do in class is doodle. People start losing their memories as young as teenagers. With these exercises we can gain back our memory and lower the risk of dementia. I know with all the work that we are getting from school sometimes I just forget to do it, these exercises can help me remember. Cynthia also showed on the study a way to remember names. To remember a name you just have to associate it with something else or someone else you know. Say the name is Taylor well I can associate that name with the actor Taylor Lautner and that I will never forget.

Impact: we should all be practicing the exercises daily. I know that I will because I want to have a good memory. It’s funny to think that something so little as flipping our watch upside down for the day can help our memory. It’s simple and easy things we can do that effects us greatly in a great way.

No comments:

Post a Comment