Sunday, March 11, 2012

Eating Berries Benefits the Brain

Reference: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120307145825.htm

Summary: We all know that eating fruit is good for you, but did you know that certain berries actually benefit your brain? Research and evidence prove that eating berries such as blueberries, blackberries and strawberries help your brain. Also, it is proven that berries prevent age-related memory loss and other changes. Due to the high level of antioxidants in these berries, they protect cells and change the way neurons in the brain communicate.

Critique: I knew that eating fruits and vegetables is healthy for you, but I didn't know that berries prevent several common issues and help your brain.

Impact: I think people will understand the importance of fruit and berries due to this article.

1 comment:

  1. It has been seen in recent studies that eating some berries has beneficial effects on the brain. Some of the berries include blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. These berries help prevent age-related memory loss. The studies explain that they berry fruits have high levels of antioxidants, compounds that protect cells from damage and harmful free radicals. They also reported that berries change the way neurons in the brain communicate. These changes can prevents inflammation in the brain that result in neuronal damage in improve both motor control and cognition.

    I think you did a great job expressing the information above in your blog. I think you are completley on the dot. Many people know the importance of having fruits as well as vegetables in their diets, but I find that not many would know the benefits. I myself was not aware of how I was being benefited while eating these fruits. I think this was a well written article and blog. It is very effective and full of information.

    ReplyDelete