Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chocolate makes you skinny

Summary: a recent study may prove that chocolate raises your metabolism. The people who reported eating more chocolate had a lower BMI average than those who ate less. However, this doesn't mean we can just go eat bucketloads of chocolate. It is also proven people with higher weights sometimes leave out foods they eat in studies like this- and it's probably the bad stuff. Chocolate can raise your metabolism due to the caffeine, and actually it can prevent heart disease too. But it has at least 200 calories in one bar because of the sugar. Before we go buy out chocolate factories we need to do some more studying.

Critique: I pray it's true. Heck, I'm pretty skinny and I eat tons of chocolate. It sounds a little far-fetched though, if you know what I mean.

Impact: everyone will eat buckets of chocolate and be as skinny as 8th graders.

Reference:

4 comments:

  1. Sorry the reference is here http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/26/could-eating-chocolate-make-you-thinner/?hpt=he_c2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading the actual paper leaves for sorrier criticism. They didn't control for quality of chocolate...

    Everybody knows a good dark chocolate is better for you than a sugar filled candy bar =/ bizarre the researchers didn't control for this.

    More details > http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/26/could-eating-chocolate-make-you-thinner/?hpt=he_c2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha sorry I re-pasted your link instead of adding mine!

    http://blendingphysicswithfood.blogspot.com/2012/03/chocolate-makes-you-thin.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope its true too! Chocolate is the most amazing food ever. I've heard that dark chocolate is the best for you, I've even heard wine is good for women.

    If this is true I am gonna live off chocolate when i am older! Now i'm hungry. I'm gonna eat my chocolate bunny now.

    ReplyDelete