Monday, October 24, 2011

Study Reveals The Truth About Tumors and Cellphone Use

Summary-New research that was posted online in the British Medical Journal showed that tumors of the central nervous system and the brain have no connection with the long term use of cellphones. The number of people using cellphones is more than 5 million worldwide in just 2010. The amount of people using these phones raises the question of how these phones could or can effect our health. Particularly focusing on tumors of the central nervous system. Recently, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classified radio frequency electromagnetic fields, that are emitted by cellphones possibly carcinogenic to humans. But so far the study of if cellphones can cause tumors has shown that cellphones do not cause tumors.
Crititque- Well this is interesting to me because I didn't even realize people thought that they could cause cancer in the first place. But even if they did I barely talk on the phone. I mostly text with my family and friends....even my grandparents...so yeah.
Impact- This wouldn't impact me that much even if they did cause tumors because like I said, I barely talk on the phone, I text. But as far as for other people, I would be concerned for my Dad if they cause tumors because there isn't a time during the day when he isn't on the phone. My Mom is in the phone a lot also.

No comments:

Post a Comment