Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Bobcat

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobcat

Summary: The Bobcat is part of the cat family and lives in ranges from Canada to northern Mexico. It is a predator and lives in the desert, wooded areas, forest edge, urban edge, and swampland environments. It will eat rabbits, hares, and anywhere between insects and rodents, to deer. The animals they mostly hunt weigh from .68 to 5.7. They mostly hunt alone, and mark their territory by urinating, or claw marks. Humans, for fur and sport mostly hunt them.

Critique: My opinion about Bobcats is a neutral one. As long as they do not bother me, I don’t have a problem with me. I have, however, seen them hop fences and disturb others.

Impact: The impact the Bobcat has on the Earth is a positive one because they have a big effect on the food chain. With out them, the food chain would be very different and every living thing would be affected by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment