Wednesday, February 29, 2012

T-rex’s Bite Is The Most Powerful Ever?!

Summary: I suppose this isn’t news to anyone, but at least they’ve got some form of proof now. After using computer models to remake the jaw of the monster, they have concluded the power is within certain ranges. The minimum amount of power is suspected to be 20,000 Newtons. The most power they believed it could have been is 57,000 Newtons. That’s a lot of power, for those of you who have no idea what a Newton is.

Critique: I never did like T-rex’s. Even when I was a small-ish person, it was always my least favorite dinosaur. (I guess even I had common sense at 6 years old.) Now that I am older – sort of – I am able to understand better the reason why nobody really wants dinosaurs back. I mean, they’re dead, and bringing them back would change the way everyone is living right now. I mean, what would they eat? People? Although I seriously doubt it will happen anytime soon, it is possible nonetheless. Those risks don’t even include the possibility that it might disrupt the food chain and that the population of dinosaurs may end up bringing a different species to extinction.

Impact: Well, dinosaurs are dead, so this doesn’t impact us at all. I mean, there is pretty much zero chance they’ll come back on their own – and if anyone tries to recreate them, then everyone on earth will most likely try to kill them back into oblivion where they belong. I mean, remember what happened in Jurassic Park? If it were me in that scenario, I would be like, ‘I don’t care how strong your gates are, you are not creating a dinosaur! Ever!’ That might sound harsh, but who wants to be eaten in the middle of the night? Not me. So if dinosaurs do come back, I’ll be the first to crawl under a rock and pray they don’t find me.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120228203847.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment