Monday, February 13, 2012

Over eating= memory loss???

Reference:http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/13/overeating-may-be-linked-to-memory-loss/?hpt=he_c2

Summary: A recent study on people above 70 years old may show that over eating may cause MCI, or the preceding symptoms to Alzheimer's disease. The ones who consumed 2,143 calories a day had double the chances compared to the ones who ate less. The study had over 1200 people involved. However, it doesn't completely prove it to be a cause and effect relationship. It is probably just one of the many factors in the bunch.

Critique: I'm not too phased by this. I mean, they ARE old. I mean over eating really can't help them in the long run. It doesn't exactly help anybody, does it? (Besides anorexics anyways.) Everything in moderation.

Impact: Old people should stop over eating. Well, unless they want to forget stuff I guess.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahahaha this article makes me laugh! (I feel like a terrible person lol)

    I find this article to be quite interesting actually. Isn't it crazy that random things can be connected to something so serious? If i was above 70 years of age, this article (if i could read it lol) would definitely convince me to have a normal diet rather than over-eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rachael23. This did, in fact, made me laugh! Naturally, if you're 70 years old, there's nothing to do anyways except to eat so I understand what they're doing. How it happens, I'm still not entirely clear on, that a person can consume over 2,143 calories a day. Like, I'd be sick. And I'm not the skinniest person who ever lived.

    There's also something to be said for old people. I mean, when was the last time you saw a skinny old person? Unless they were sick or running constantly. When you're old, all you want to do is sit. And watch TV. And eat . . . stuff.

    ReplyDelete