Monday, February 20, 2012

Eat Grapefruit For Healthy Gums


Summary: Citric acids can damage tooth enamel.  This can cause tooth erosion.  There is a new study on vitamin C and oral health.  So, a scientist from Germany named Friedrich Schiller has been studying on grapefruit.  He has reported that eating grapefruit everyday can help promote gum disease and can prevent bleeding gums.  Researchers have tested this experiment on 58 volunteers that have gum disease.  This test was successful.  They say that it is because of the extra amount of vitamin C, which promotes healing of the wound.  Every single grape that gets eaten has over 90 mg of vitamin C.  Now scientists are wondering if oranges and vitamin C will have the same affect. 

Critique: I love grapes.  But I never new what I could for our body and what stuff is in it.  Now I know what grapes can do.  And I also like oranges so hopefully oranges do the same things as grapes.  If it doesn’t, I will still eat oranges because they are good. 

Impact: What the impact really is, is that whoever has gum disease or has bleeding gums should eat grapes to help stop the bleeding and the disease.        

No comments:

Post a Comment