Saturday, February 18, 2012

Boy proposes new law after dog dies

Reference: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/02/14/boy-proposes-new-law-after-dog-dies/

Summary: The death of a twelve year olds dog is helping to make a new law in the state of Kansas. Aaron’s dog unfortunately ingested antifreeze and died, antifreeze alone kills 10,000 pets and 1,000 kids a year. Aarons proposing a law that will change the sweet liquid taste of antifreeze to a bitter taste he also requested that it be called “Nikko’s law”.

Critique: I think it’s a good idea, I never knew that, that many people lost their lives to antifreeze I never would have considered it a threat but it’s more real than I believed. I definitely think this law should be past and I am amazed that a 12yr old kid decided to do something about it.

Impact: It impacts many people especially the people that lost a pet or a loved on to antifreeze. It also means a lot to anyone who has little ones. I hope this law gets passed and with this law parents and pets owners feel more safe.

2 comments:

  1. For a 12 year old to propose this law is incredible, I think. But it will make the world a somewhat safer and better environment for little kids and dogs every where. I have no clue what antifreeze is but apparently its deadly.

    I hope that what ever system this law has to go through, and the people that see it consider the fact that a 12 year old thought of this. Which is pretty significant, if you think about the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is very interesting because 10,000 pets have previously died from this. A 12-year old child decides to help solve the problem. It shows that compassion can go a long way and children have the power to change the world.
    I hope that this law gets passed because the human population is also being harmed. I think that the taste will have an impact on future cases.

    ReplyDelete