Monday, February 13, 2012

Infants smarter that you think?




Reference: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/120213154057.htm


Summary: Psychologists at the University of Pennsylvania have looked into the learning capability of an infants aged 6-9 months old. Before this study, The average understanding of language came to an individual of about one year old. These researchers/observers have discovered that infants can understand language and pictures before they are even one year old!

Critique: This article places me in awe of God's creation. How is it that one can understand words and pictures when they are only in the world for a very short time. This also makes me wonder what else the human brain can accomplish!

Impact: This article may impact all the mom's and dad's out there. You may want to watch what you talk about and what you are doing in front of your ids due to the learning capability of an infant.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if we are still supposed to do one blog and one comment, but I'll do it anyways, lol.
    I thought this article was really interesting. It is amazing that a child can learn so quickly from pictures and language. I do know when I watch movies and the parent says a bad word, and the kid says it afterwards. lol. And I agree, who knows what the brain could be capable of. If a 9 year old baby can learn from pictures so quickly, what else can the brain do?

    I agree that parents and other family members should be more careful about what they say around a child, since they can learn really quickly and they can catch on to what things are being said.

    -Shayla :D

    ReplyDelete