Monday, February 27, 2012

How Exercise Fuels the Brain

Reference: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/22/how-exercise-fuels-the-brain/?ref=health

Summary: When you picture your brain, you would normally think you have to be learning something to fuel your brain. Did you know that when you exercise,your brain is being used and fueled? In fact, scientists describe the brain as a very hungry organ and in order to use it you need to fuel it. Exercising gives your brain the nutrients it needs and it increases brain activity. Studies have shown that people who exercise regularly actually have a better memory.

Critique: I found this article interesting. When I think about exercising, I think about keeping you healthy physically not mentally. I love exercising, so its awesome that it benefits my brain also.

Impact: For those don't care about a physically fit body, maybe they would care about being mentally healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment