Saturday, January 28, 2012

Are you an introvert? & why its a good thing

Reference: http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/26/shhhh-the-quiet-joys-of-the-introvert/?hpt=he_c2

Summary: An introvert is not the same thing as shy. Being shy is more of a fear of man/ anxiety problem. Introverts find socializing "draining" and would rather be alone or with a few people instead. There is an upside, however. They have the ability to focus for long periods of time which is a quality needed to be a musician, a scientist, or a business person. They are good listeners and think about things before they do them. They don't take as many risks either.

Critique: This article was really cool. I never understood what an introvert was until I read this. I kind of realized I am one after I took this quiz on time.com... Here is the link for those of you who want to take it... http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/27/quiz-are-you-an-introvert-an-extrovert-or-an-ambivert/ I always knew I was kind of shy but not because of why people are usually shy. I just like solitude. Socialization IS draining. I slept over at a friends last night and came home and slept for three hours. But I'm happy. It's not like I'm dying to be popular or anything. I'm just and introvert, that's all.

Impact: Other people can read this article and realize they are introverts too!

1 comment:

  1. I would say that I am an introvert and I am not. I am an introvert because cause I am a musician and I can focus for a long period of time. I am not one because I am a person where I like to be around more than two people. Oh, I’m also shy, but not that shy. Really I never knew what an interval was until I read Bethany’s article. It is really cool because I never knew that I was sort of an introvert. My friend is not an introvert because he hangs out with more than two people. And he has no fear in man.

    ReplyDelete