Sunday, December 18, 2011

Why use a mid-wife?





Reference: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/12/111216150301.htm



Summary: Many women ponder the use of a midwife during their pregnancy. A recent study dome by Oregon State University had led to the idea that it is better to have one. Women have better health out comes with a midwife at home such as reduced rates of a c-section and labor induction than hospitals do. It also creates a bond between the family and the baby/mother since the family is all involved with the birth.


Critique- This article makes me think about the future. I would never have considered using a midwife before this article bu now i am starting to ponder that. If it is healthier for me, my baby, and my family, then why not?


Impact: This may impact many womens' choices. I would assume that every soon-to-be mother would want a healthy baby, family, and body. This is one of those options that women may want when pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment