Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Allergies Fewer In Babies With Less Stress

Summary: A new study says that kids with a lower stress hormone have fewer allergies. Researchers say that psychosocial diseases and stress hormones are mostly the reasons why. Psychosocial diseases are things you just seem to think about certain things and you don’t really know why, or maybe things you must have a certain way or you’ll go absolutely insane. For example: Paranoia, Arachnophobia, OCD, etc. are all types of psychosocial diseases.

Impact: There’s really no impact here, just the fact that you now understand why scorpions just scare the living crap out of you.

Critique: I personally don’t have allergies. Actually, one: tattoos. My kindergarten teacher put a washable one on me (It was a skull on my wrist in case any of you were interested) and I broke out in a rash on my belly. I decided at the young age of six and a half that I did not like having foreign spots on my body. Anyway, my parents were teachers. They know that silence is golden, usually, and that stress is over-rated. This means that they probably weren’t stressed out all that much.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/12/111212092747.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment