Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Disease Fighting Fruit


Summary: Apples are really healthy.  Research shows that apples may be able to affect heart disease, diabetes, asthma, and high cholesterol.   Apples have a bunch of phytonutrients in them.  They lower type 2 diabetes, they have a lower incidence of coronary for both men and women, and it can prevent asthma.  Apples also hold a good food source called pectin that is a dietary fiber. 

Critique: Apples are a wonderful, delightful fruit to eat. Apples help the body a lot.  Eating apples is one of the greatest ways of staying healthy. 

Impact: I love apples.  I can eat them all the time.  To stay healthy, I believe that everyone should have at least one apple a day.  

1 comment:

  1. I guess an apple a day does keep the doctor away! I knew that they were healthy and a good source of fiber but I didn't know that they could do anything about asthma. I wonder if the color of the apple has anything to do with the health benefits they offer. They certainly taste different so I could see them having different advantages. Not only this, but they taste so good! I have never met someone with an aversion to apples. I can't exactly imagine eating one every day for the rest of my life (and I wonder if this could eventually be harmful because to much of anything is never a good thing), but the bottom line is that apples are awesome.

    ReplyDelete