Monday, April 2, 2012

Allergic to the sun???

Summary: Believe it or not, you could be allergic to the sun. The most common is Polymorphic light eruption which is a rash that usually shows up in minutes. Or you may have lupus which could just make you simply sensitive to the sunlight. It could also be a side affect of a prescription drug you may be taking. Talk to your doctor to see what the best solution for you is.

Critique: when I saw the title of this, I laughed. I thought, that's ridiculous! But I guess it's a serious problem.

Impact: hopefully this article will help people who actually are allergic to the sun.

Reference: http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/01/what-the-yuck-can-i-be-allergic-to-sunlight/?hpt=he_c2

2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting. I've been on vacation before and getting a lot more sun than normal and have gotten a rash on my feet. Very uncomfortable. This also reminds me of a really awesome movie called The Others with Nicole Kidman. Nicole Kidman's kids are photosensitive so they have to live in complete darkness with only candles or else they'll die. I wonder if there are any cures for this. I wonder if sunscreen would help or if people that are really allergic to the sun just have to stay out of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my this reminds me of the movie Bench Warmers with that guy who is afraid of the sun!!! What would be a good movie is that the sun becomes deadly and kills anyone who goes outside and people have to live underground and find their way to somewhere where!

    I feel bad for people who have this. Do you think anyone will think they are vampires because they have to stay away from the sun and go after them with pitch forks? I'm just glad i don't have this and my skin is a little dark already so its hard for me to sunburn or rash!

    ReplyDelete